Thursday 15 September 2011

Fashion week and the shoe dilemma


Every fashion week it’s the same. I’m facing the dilemma of what shoes to wear. Flats are a big fat no – now it’s the time for statement footwear and skyscraper heels. 

But... the days are endless and you've got to last long. So what is the the perfect fashion week footwear with a kick-ass outfit boost guarantee??

Here's my solution:

1 - Sporty wedges
This year I'm loving the sporty look as seen at D&G.

D&G AW11 channeling the 80s
 with models in high-heel wedge sneakers

Shoes: Ash, Leather shorts: Alice by Temperley, Top: Simona Barbieri, Blazer: Steffen Schraut
I got mine from Ash

2 - Japanese design by Chie Mihara
I recently discovered Japanese shoe designer Chie Mihara. Chie does some magic to her shoes to make them soooo great to wear. 


Shoes: Chie Mihara, leggings: COS
I could go hiking in them. Seriously

 

3 - Hiking boots
Talking about hiking...These boots got me through last LFW. They are like seven league boots.

Shoes Kurt Geiger

There are similar styles out this season, everywhere.

Swedish Hasbeens at Topshop (left) , Lace-up boot at Kurt Geiger


4 - Tomboy style wedges
My favourite pair for this year and the clear winner, is this pair from Surface to Air. I'm in love.

Shoes: Surface to Air  Surface to Air, Dress: Filippa K

They are perrrfect. Tomboy deluxe. Certainly not the shoe to pull but - hey - its fashion week., who cares about guys?!